The new SpineCor Pain Relief Back Brace is a neuro-muscular-skeletal rehabilitation tool for treating abnormal spinal loading and abnormal posture; it is not a simple back support brace.
Modes of action:
• Corrective movements gently guide the posture and spinal alignment in an optimal direction.
• The elastic corrective bands act to resist the body’s movement back to the abnormal position.
• This constant “correction, relaxation, correction, relaxation” is in reality a corrective postural exercise.
• The brace is able to put a patient’s body through 10’s of 1000’s of repetitions per day instead of the10-50 repetitions that are typical with other rehabilitation techniques.
• It creates dynamic spinal offloading and neuromuscular rehabilitation with the ultimate goal of neuromuscular integration.
The Musculoskeletal Affects of Abnormal Posture and Spinal Alignment:
• Scoliosis and other spinal conditions can affect the “balance” of body posture and spinal alignment.
• A loss of normal spinal balance creates abnormal loading on the vertebra, discs, ligaments, joints, tendons, muscles and nerves.
• Over a relatively short period of time, abnormal loads on the body tissues alter their functions.
• Over a long enough period of time the structure of body tissues will change in response to the abnormal loading further compromising function.
• These changes can damage the body .i.e. facet joint arthrosis, disc degeneration, nerve root irritation, spinal stenosis, all of which lead to pain.
• Promoting a change in the balance of the posture and the spine can help to correct the abnormal loading.