The Proven Adult Scoliosis Treatment
No adult scoliosis treatment is more effective. The SpineCor scoliosis brace for adults targets pain relief by providing postural rehabilitation and spinal offloading. Scoliosis in adults is often the result of either having the disease as a child, or the degenerative processes of abnormal aging. The scoliosis can be of many classifications – lumbar, thoracic, thoracolumbar, etc. It can result in chronic pain, leg discomfort, digestive, and lung complications.
The new SpineCor Pain Relief Back Brace is a neuro-muscular-skeletal rehabilitation tool for treating abnormal spinal loading and abnormal posture. It is not a simple back support brace.
Modes of action:
- Corrective movements gently guide the posture and spinal alignment in an optimal direction.
- Elastic corrective bands act to resist the body’s movement back to the abnormal position.
- Constant correction, relaxation, correction, relaxation serves as a corrective postural exercise.
- The brace is able to put a patient’s body through thousands of repetitions per day, instead of the 10-50 repetitions that are typical with other rehabilitation techniques.
- The SpineCor brace creates dynamic spinal offloading and neuromuscular rehabilitation with the ultimate goal of neuromuscular integration.
The Musculoskeletal Effects of Abnormal Posture and Spinal Alignment:
- Scoliosis and other spinal conditions can affect the balance of body posture and spinal alignment.
- A loss of normal spinal balance creates abnormal loading on the vertebra, discs, ligaments, joints, tendons, muscles and nerves.
- Over a relatively short period of time, abnormal loads on the body tissues alter their functions.
- Over a long enough period of time the structure of body tissues will change in response to the abnormal loading and will further compromise function.
- These changes can cause facet joint arthrosis, disc degeneration, nerve root irritation, spinal stenosis, leading to pain.
- Promoting a change in the balance of the posture and the spine help to correct the abnormal loading.
Many studies have been conducted to determine the effectiveness of SpineCor on relieving scoliosis-related pain in adults. Click the following for one such presentation on adult scoliosis treatment. Studies show that use of the SpineCor brace in adults has been very successful in helping adults with chronic pain from scoliosis.
Bracing adults is similar to bracing children, except the goal is spine support and pain relief. The reason SpineCor bracing of adults is so effective is that SpineCor provides support without limiting movement of the spine. Therefore, the muscles along the spine are strengthened. This allows for better natural support of the spine and results in pain relief.
Case Study / Patient B
26 year old female with a painful adolescent idiopathic scoliosis as an adult (ASA1). Her pain prior to SpineCor treatment was rated as an average daily pain of 7/10.
Using the SpineCor Brace daily 8-12 hours for 3 months, she had a gradual relief of her pain to an average 2/10. The initial x-ray shows a 32 degree right thoracic scoliosis. In the SpineCor Brace, 1 month after fitting, the x-ray shows an 8-degree curve reduction. The patient’s curve improved from 32 to 24 degrees. Finally, her pain relief of 1-2/10 and spinal correction have been maintained for over 2 years by occasional use of SpineCor.
Comparison of Care
Most adults with scoliosis-caused chronic pain seek the care of Chiropractor or Physical Therapists. Many respond well to their care and experience some pain reduction. This does not usually last. Too often when care ends and the patient is left on their own, they tend to discontinue their exercises, and therefore their pain is likely to return.
On the other hand, the SpineCor brace serves as the 3-dimensional strengthening or exercise, just by wearing it. Typically adults will wear the brace initially about 18 hours per day. As a result of the brace strengthening the spine with use, eventually it can be worn less often. Finally, the brace can be worn in situations where the patient feels they need more help during certain activities.
Find a Doctor
If you need assistance in finding a Scoliosis care professional in your area who specializes in a non-surgical approach to adult scoliosis treatment with the Spinecor Brace, contact us.
Click to find out more about insurance coverage.